Online meeting, June 29, 2020
The 7th meeting is held online Jun 29, 2020. Below you will find the Programme .
Google Earth image of the Highfield Campus, University of Southampton
Urban Fluid Mechanics Special Interest Group Meeting, June 29, 2020 (via MS Teams)
Short-range dispersion in urban environments and its role in virus transmission
1100-1105 Opening remarks (Zheng-Tong Xie, University of Southampton)
1105-1200 Adapting the built environment for disease control: challenges and opportunities. Catherine Noakes (University of Leeds) (Chair: Tim Foat, Dstl)
1200-1320 Invited lectures (Chair: Andrew Quinn, University of Birmingham)
· Sharing research of coping with the COVID-19 pandemic. Yuguo Li (University of Hong Kong)
· An analytical approach to urban dispersion modelling. Omduth Coceal (University of Reading)
· Modelling short-range dispersion: present and future. Asiri Obeysekara (Imperial College) & Jefferson Luis (University of Aberdeen)
1320-1400 Lunch break
1400-1500 Invited lectures (Chair: Gabriel Rooney, Met Office)
· Aerosol transport: an update from RAMP (Rapid Assistance in Modelling the Pandemic). Paul Linden (University of Cambridge)
· Simple solutions for the concentration fluctuations of a passive scalar. Pietro Salizzoni (Ecole Central).
· Everything we do not know about the flow physics of COVID-19 transmission. Rajat Mittal (Johns Hopkins University).
1500-1600 Panel discussion on transmission of virus in urban environments. Maarten van Reeuwijk (Imperial College London)
· Catherine Noakes (University of Leeds)
· Paul Linden (University of Cambridge)
· Yuguo Li (University of Hong Kong)
· Rajat Mittal (Johns Hopkins University)
1600 Wrap up and next network meeting (Maarten van Reeuwijk)